Climate Friendly Cuisine:
Food Service Guidance and Best Practices for a Healthy Planet
Agenda (8am – 6pm)
Breakfast and Networking (8am – 9am)
- Get to know other food service professionals and fuel up for the day ahead.
Morning (9am – 11:30am)
- Welcome Address
- Keynote Presentation: Chef Traci Des Jardins
- Climate Change 101
- Meet the Plant-forward Diet* (Speaker Panel)
Dive into the environmental and health benefits of a plant-forward diet and learn how to incorporate these changes into your menu.
Lunch and Networking (11:30am – 12:30pm)
- Continue to build professional relationships over a sustainable, plant-based lunch
Afternoon (1pm – 4pm)
- “Chew-sing" the Right Ingredients: How to Source Food Sustainably (Speaker Panel)
Get the scoop on sustainable purchasing, sustainable packaging, and a low carbon lifestyle.
- The End of Food Waste (Speaker Panel)
Learn different ways to help control and eliminate food waste at your facility, from prevention to recovery.
- Participant Pledges to Adopt Sustainable Food Service Practices
- Closing Remarks
Evening (4pm – 6pm)
- Exhibit Hall
This portion of the program is open to the public. A ticket to the conference is not required for entry. Meet and learn from representatives from businesses with sustainable food products and services.
- Networking and refreshments
*Plant-forward = emphasizing and celebrating, but not limited to, plant-based foods