The Acterra Environmental Library has been a community resource for environmental information and education for over 30 years.
Open to the public, the library has over 4,000 books, videos, DVDs, and periodical available for browsing and check-out, and cover topics ranging from native vegetation in San Mateo county to reducing your carbon footprint in your cooking. Library staff are available during business hours to answer questions, locate materials, and assist with your exploration.
If you would like to join the library, there are three ways to do so:
- Purchase a $5 library Membership when you visit the library. (Good for one year.)
- Become a member of Acterra and receive a free library Membership. more info.
- Join the Environmental Volunteers and receive a free library Membership. more info.
Once you join the library, you can check out the following:
- Books, pamphlets, magazines, maps, and audio tapes for two weeks.
- Videos and dvds for one week. (There is an additional $1 charge per video and dvd upon checkout.)
We can put a hold on any item that you want that is checked out, and any materials may be renewed at any time unless there is a hold on the material.
Do you find spiders sublime? Slime eels superb? Then check out this entertaining yet informative book. Learn about critters small and smaller, while enjoying Richard Conniff's forays into the fascinating world of invertebrates.